Community, Schools & Landcare
The Landcare movement is a national network of locally based community groups who care for the natural resources of our Country.
These community groups actively manage our regions natural resources through activities such as:
- Improving land management and primary production practices
- Conserving and rehabilitating local coastal and marine environments
- Revegetation works and bushland restoration
- Native habitat protection
- Addressing local environmental issues
Community involvement and participation in Landcare is an integral part of successful natural resource management. In the Burnett Mary region, we are fortunate to have many individuals who volunteer their time to Landcare and who are passionate and committed to the protection of our land and soils, water, plants and animals to ensure that they are managed sustainably.
Our community programs strive to increase community capacity and create opportunities for people to come together and participate in natural resource management activities.